u 2019 Washington Primary Election, Aug. 6
On Friday, a judge temporarily blocked the killing of the sole surviving member of the Old Profanity Territory wolf pack.
President Donald Trump sought to reassure his supporters about the state of the U.S. economy despite the stock market volatility and told rallygoers in New Hampshire, a state that he hopes to capture in 2020, that their financial security depends on his reelection.
The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals says Native American tribal courts can ask the federal courts to enforce rulings against nontribal members. Boise State Public Radio reports the ruling from the appellate court last week reversed an opinion from a federal judge in Idaho.
In a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Richland on Wednesday, the states contend the Trump administration is attempting a “radical overhaul of federal immigration law” with the final rules it announced earlier this week that change the definition of “public charge.”
Tacoma police are investigating after five people were shot late Tuesday, two fatally.
100 years ago in Vantage, Washington: Windstorm strands hundreds of motorists after ferry is swept away
Some motorists reported being stranded for 48 hours, and that locals were providing food “at exorbitant prices.” A line continued to form as more drivers arrived hoping to cross the Columbia River.
Water has gushed from a glacier on Washington’s Mount Rainier, damaging a road and trail as it flowed down.
Already penciled in on Tuesday, the general election field for the Spokane Public Schools board was etched in stone Wednesday night after additional votes were tabulated.
Three more Southern Resident killer whales have been determined to be dead by the Center for Whale Research, bringing their population down to 73.
The owner of the online message board 8chan says he’s headed shortly to the United States, where lawmakers want to question him on his site’s use as a megaphone by violent white supremacists.
- Spokane mayor
- Spokane City Council president
- Spokane City Council, northeast district
- Spokane City Council, northwest district
- Spokane City Council, south district
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 2
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 3
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 6
- Airway Heights City Council, position 7
- Liberty Lake City Council, position 7
- Fairfield Town Council
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 1
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 2
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 4
- Nine Mile Falls School Board
- Spokane Valley Fire Department Commission, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 10 Commission, position 1
- Spokane County Measure 1
- Spokane County Library District Proposition 1
- Medical Lake Proposition 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3 Proposition 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3 Proposition 2
- Spokane County Fire District 5 Measure 1
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.