u 2019 Washington General Election, Nov. 5
Sponsor Michael Cathcart said the measure is intended to make sure the city remains competitive in business recruitment.
Spokane Valley City Council Candidates Bo Tucker and Tim Hattenburg both hope to encourage growth, but disagree on whether the city needs to look at inclusion and diversity in the future.
Contrary to his style on the dais during council meetings, Ben Stuckart has largely shrugged off or declined to respond to attacks from opponent Nadine Woodward as the two vie to become Spokane’s next mayor.
A dozen advisory votes are on the November ballot.
‘It’s about The Big One’: Amendment would give state Legislature broad powers in case of catastrophe
Constitutional amendment would expand legislative powers in catastrophic incidents.
Differences exposed as Spokane City Council, school board candidates debate at Northwest Passages forum
Beer flowed cold and questions came in hot as voters got to know Spokane City Council and Spokane school boardcandidates during rapid-fire, 17-minute sessions at the first of two Northwest Passages’ Pints and Politics forums Thursday night.
Tickets still available for tonight’s Spokane City Council and school board candidate forum sponsored by Northwest Passages
Washington voters will receive their ballots in less than three weeks.
The race for Liberty Lake City Council position 1 doesn’t have an incumbent after Councilman Bob Moore abandoned the seat in favor of running for the seat vacated by Shane Brickner, who is running for mayor against incumbent Steve Peterson. The race has attracted two political newcomers, retired state of California employee Dg Garcia and homebuilder Phil Folyer.
An experienced councilman hopes to make a comeback while a new resident wants to provide a new voice on the Medical Lake City Council. The race for position 5 on the Medical Lake City Council is the only contest with more than one candidate among the five seats on the ballot.
Reardan-Edwall School Board incumbent says district on right path; opponent says district should challenge state on sex education
The candidates running for a seat on the Reardan-Edwall School Board have clear interests in the district: They have children who attend the schools.
- Spokane mayor
- Spokane City Council president
- Spokane City Council, northeast district
- Spokane City Council, northwest district
- Spokane City Council, south district
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 2
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 3
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 6
- Airway Heights City Council, position 5
- Airway Heights City Council, position 7
- Cheney City Council, position 6
- Cheney City Council, position 7
- Deer Park City Council, position 2
- Deer Park City Council, position 4
- Liberty Lake City Council, position 1
- Liberty Lake City Council, position 3
- Liberty Lake City Council, position 5
- Liberty Lake City Council, position 7
- Liberty Lake mayor
- Medical Lake City Council position 5
- Millwood City Council, position 3
- Millwood City Council, position 4
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 1
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 2
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 4
- Central Valley School Board, district 1
- Central Valley School Board, district 3
- Cheney Public Schools Board, district 3
- Cheney Public Schools Board, district 5
- Great Northern School Board, position 3
- Mead School Board, district 3
- Mead School Board, district 4
- Medical Lake School Board, position 3
- Nine Mile Falls School Board, position 2
- Reardan-Edwall School Board, position 5
- Riverside School Board, position
- Spokane Valley Fire Commission, position 1
- Spokane Valley Fire Commission, position 2
- Spokane County Fire District 10 Commission, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 4, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 5, position 1
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.