A passerby alerted five residents that their Spokane Valley home was on fire early this morning, fire officials said.
The fire in the 8400 block of East Knox Avenue broke out just before 4 a.m. Wednesday.
The passerby, who saw flames from the roadway, ran up to the home and pounded on the front door, waking up and safely escorting all five people out of the home, according to Spokane Fire Chief Bill Clifford.
To read the entire story, go to KHQ.com.
Subscribe to the Morning Review newsletter
Get the day’s top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning by subscribing to our newsletter.