Arrow-right Camera

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Thursday, October 22, 2020  Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Clear Day 42° Clear
News >  Idaho

Temperature hits 60 in downtown Spokane

The temperature in downtown Spokane reached 60 degrees at 3 p.m. today, making it the warmest day so far this year, but several degrees short of the record of 64 for the date. More clouds are likely on Tuesday with rain possible Tuesday night and Wednesday, forecasters said. Highs today were expected to reach the middle to upper 50s with continued mild conditions on Tuesday. Lows are likely to stay above freezing tonight as clouds start to overrun the region. Spokane International Airport and Coeur d’Alene had temperatures of 57 at 3 p.m., making it the warmest day of the season so far. One weather measuring site in Coeur d’Alene also reported 60 degrees at 4 p.m. The last time the airport had a temperature of 57 was last Oct. 31. The high Sunday at the Spokane airport was 52, which was 9 degrees above the normal of 43 for the day. The record high for today is 64 set in 1905. The month of February saw only 0.9 inches of snow at the airport, and the average temperature was 5.4 degrees above normal. A high pressure system along the West Coast is expected to move eastward today opening the door for a weak storm system to move onshore along the northern California coast late on Tuesday. The storm system is expected to spread out and send a wave of moisture northward by Tuesday night when the chance of precipitation goes to 40 percent. The moisture continues on Wednesday with the chance of valley rain rises to 60 percent. The day started cool. At 7 a.m., it was 33 at the Spokane airport, 31 in downtown Spokane and Deer Park, 30 in Coeur d’Alene and 37 in Pullman. .
The Spokesman-Review Newspaper

Local journalism is essential.

Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.

Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter

Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.

New health insurance plans available November 1 through Washington Healthplanfinder

 (Photo courtesy WAHBE)

Fall means the onset of the cold and flu season.