With Halloween just around the corner, churches around the area are offering harvest festivals or trick-or-treat alternatives for children and families.
• Ridgeview Christian Center, 5610 N. Ash St., will host City Nights, Shining Lights, its annual harvest festival, Wednesday from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The event will feature games, candy and fun for all.
Information: (509) 326-2913.
• Audubon Park United Methodist Church, 3908 N. Driscoll Blvd., will present Halloween Hullabaloo, Sunday from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
There will be games, fun and treats.
Information: (509) 325-4541.
• Central United Methodist Church’s Women’s Group, 518 W. Third Ave., will hold its annual Fall Festival and Mini Bazaar, Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
There will be drawings for gift baskets – tickets are $1. Lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., with two kinds of soup, salad, bread and dessert for $7; children 10 and younger, $2.50. The bazaar includes a bake sale, jewelry, Christmas items, collectible teddy bears and more.
Information: (509) 838-1431.
• Spokane Bethel Church of the Nazarene, 1111 S. Thor St., will celebrate its sixth annual Trunk or Treat in the church parking lot Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m.
There will be carnival games, prizes, an inflatable bounce house and candy.
Information: (509) 534-7751.
• Mead United Methodist Church, 12611 N. Wilson St., Mead, will host a harvest party Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m.
Attendees are invited to come in costume for children’s activities, crafts and snacks.
Information: (509) 466-7866.
Cathedral to host benefit rug sale
The Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes, 1115 W. Riverside Ave., will have a benefit rug sale Friday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in O’Connor Hall.
Murat Tasdemir, a rug store proprietor, will speak on the art of the handmade rug and will bring a large selection of new and antique rugs from Turkey.
Twenty percent of all sales will benefit Catholic evangelization.
Information: (509) 358-4290.
Messiah Lutheran welcomes new pastor
Messiah Lutheran Church, 4202 N. Belt St., will celebrate the installation of a new pastor, the Rev. Laura Olsen, on Sunday.
The church will welcome Olsen during its 10 a.m. worship service followed by a reception.
The North County Thrivent Dinner will also be held at the church Sunday at 12:30 p.m. Thrivent members are invited to attend.
Chris Nelson, director of music at Messiah, will host an organ concert at 4 p.m. Sunday. Nelson holds a master’s degree in sacred music from Union Theological Seminary and is a member of the Spokane Chapter of American Organists.
Information: (509) 327-4446.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.