Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper quiz:
1. C. Adelina Sotnikova of Russia edged out defending champion Yuna Kim of South Korea in a competition laced with accusations of biased judging.
2. D. Ukraine government and opposition leaders agreed to hold early elections, write a new constitution and form a unity government.
3. C. Rural hospitals are trying change a federal rule that requires doctors to be present in a department during routine medical procedures such as blood transfusions.
4. C. About a third of the Washington state liquor stores that were privatized have closed.
5. A. The bill passed by the Idaho Senate would allow college students 21 and older to carry concealed weapons on campus if they have the proper permits.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try your hand at our online quiz at www. spokesman.com/newsquiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a boost, some questions in this quiz also appear online.
Last week’s winners are Steve Sibulsky, of Coeur d’Alene, who won a $50 gift card, and Karen Harting, of Chewelah, Wash., who won the movie tickets.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.