Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper quiz:
1. D. The EWU Eagles edged the Hoosiers 88-86 in Bloomington, Indiana, ending a 43-game home win streak against nonconference foes.
2. E. Barbara Peterka Newbry, who now lives in Cheney, is featured in a documentary about female log-rolling champions.
3. A. The attorney general ruled that most interactions between officers and the public are exempt from state privacy laws.
4. A. Former Sen. Larry Craig has appealed the ruling that he misused campaign funds to cover expenses incurred after his 2007 arrest in an airport restroom sex sting.
5. C. Councilman Mike Fagan has proposed letting the city’s Salary Review Commission determine the mayor’s salary.
On the Web: Try your hand at our interactive quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz, where all entrants are eligible to win movie tickets and our overall champ wins a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel.
Last week’s winners are Scot Wilcox, of Spokane, who won a $50 gift card, and Brett Heidel, of Veradale, who won movie tickets.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe now to get breaking news alerts in your email inbox
Get breaking news delivered to your inbox as it happens.