Kaitlyn Johnson’s 50th minute goal broke a 1-all tie and gave No. 24 Washington State a 2-1 win over Colorado (10-6, 3-4) in a Pac-12 women’s soccer match Friday in Boulder, Colorado.
The Cougars’ (9-2-3, 4-2-1) Cara Wegner scored her first goal of the season to knot the match at 1 before Johnson’s match-winner.
• Juliana Grover scored the only goal of the match and Northern Colorado (9-7-2, 4-3-1) held on to beat Eastern Washington (7-7, 4-4) 1-0 in a Big Sky Conference game in Cheney.
• Kristen Bridges had a hat trick and Sacramento State (9-9, 4-5) rallied out of a 2-0 hole and beat Idaho (4-12-2, 4-3-2) 4-2 in a Big Sky Conference match in Sacramento, California.
• Morgan Hilby’s header late in the first half was the difference in Loyola Marymount’s (9-5-2, 2-3-1) 2-1 West Coast Conference win over Gonzaga (8-7, 3-2) in Spokane.
• Jaclyn Softli scored in the 61st minute and Washington (12-4, 5-2) blanked Utah (8-4-4, 1-4-2) 1-0 in a Pac-12 match in Salt Lake City.
Washington State’s losing streak reached 10 matches with a 26-24, 25-22, 25-20 loss to Colorado (13-8, 5-4) in a Pac-12 match in Pullman. Jaicee Harris and Kyra Holt had 13 kills apiece for the Cougars (9-12, 0-9).
• Krista Vansant had 15 kills and No. 3 Washington (20-0, 9-0) swept Utah (12-8, 2-7) 25-22, 25-13, 27-25 in a Pac-12 match in Seattle.
• Community Colleges of Spokane (26-11, 7-2) beat Blue Mountain (39-3, 7-1) in a Northwest Athletic Conference match in Pendleton, Oregon. Scores were 18-25, 25-19, 22-25, 25-20, 15-8.
Kurtis Redding scored twice to guide the Spokane Braves (7-5-0-3) past the Chase Heat (5-7-1-2) 5-1 in a KIJHL game in Chase, British Columbia.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the sports newsletter
Get the day’s top sports headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox by subscribing here.