The woman who died Saturday as a result of a house fire on Fourth Avenue was Stacy Hains, 38, the Spokane County Medical Examiner’s Office said today.
Hines died of smoke inhalation at Sacred Heart Medical Center after firefighters rescued her from a home at 2213 E. Fourth Ave. on Saturday morning.
Firefighters also found a man dead in the second-floor bedroom where the fire started. His name has not been released.
A dog and young puppy who were trapped in a cage also died.
A third person jumped out the house’s front window when firefighters arrived, and had not been located as of Saturday evening. The Spokane Fire Department has not released any other information about the survivor.
Spokane Fire Department investigators said today the fire was accidental, but they have not yet determined a specific cause.
Subscribe to the Morning Review newsletter
Get the day’s top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning by subscribing to our newsletter.