If you followed the news last week, you could be a winner in our weekly quiz. Warm up here, and then go to www. spokesman.com/newsquiz to take an interactive quiz for a chance to win prizes.
1. Pope Francis made a trip to what continent, stressing the need to protect the poor and the environment from exploitation and to foster dialogue among all sectors of society?
A. South America
2. What celebrity was accused of taking water from a fire hydrant to use on his California ranch?
A. Magic Johnson
B. Tom Selleck
C. Tom Cruise
D. Mike Trout
3. The Spokane chapter of the NAACP, still recovering from the Rachel Dolezal controversy, is now being led by whom?
A. Sally Jackson
B. Sabrina Johnson
C. Victoria Smith
D. Naima Quarles-Burnley
E. Barbara Davis
4. Britons paused in silence, laid flowers and lit candles to mark the 10th anniversary of what tragedy?
A. The sinking of the ferry MS Herald of Free Enterprise
B. The bombing of Pan Am Flight 103
C. A crash of two high-speed passenger trains that collided at Ladbroke Grove rail junction
D. Suicide bombings on London’s transit system
5. What state’s legislative body voted to take down the Confederate battle flag from the Capitol grounds more than five decades after it was first flown above the Statehouse to protest integration?
D. South Carolina
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.