If you followed the news last week, you could be a winner in our weekly quiz. Warm up here, and then go to www. spokesman.com/newsquiz to take an interactive quiz for a chance to win prizes.
1. What city’s mayor is refusing to resign after posting comments last week to a personal Facebook page that City Council members say are racist?
B. Airway Heights
D. Coeur d’Alene
E. Post Falls
2. Ken Stabler, the left-handed, Super Bowl-winning quarterback of the Oakland Raiders, once played for a minor league football team in Spokane. What was the name of that team of the late 1960s?
C. Albi Air-Raiders
3. Who was selected Most Valuable Player in the Major League Baseball All-Star game?
A. Felix Hernandez
B. Nelson Cruz
C. Mike Trout
D. Prince Fielder
E. Albert Pujols
4. Derek Barron, a golf professional out of the Tacoma Golf Center, shot a course-record 59 on Wednesday during the pro-am portion of the Rosauers Open at Indian Canyon Golf Course in Spokane. What was the previous course record?
5. A hotel in southwestern Japan, aptly called Weird Hotel, is “manned” almost totally by what?
A. Homeless people
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.