Three portable toilets at the University High School baseball field were destroyed in a suspicious fire shortly after 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
The fire also damaged a section of the bleachers and charred the exterior of the press box, said Spokane Valley Fire Department firefighter/engineer Doug Salmon. The inside of the press box was undamaged.
Spokane Valley Deputies were first on the scene and tore out a section of fence to allow crews access to the fire, Salmon said.
The fire is under investigation.
Subscribe to the Morning Review newsletter
Get the day’s top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning by subscribing to our newsletter.