Lexi Torok scored all three Lakeside goals in a 3-0 win over the visiting Riverside Rams in the Northeast A girls soccer opener for both teams on Tuesday.
Torok scored twice in the first eight minutes to put the Eagles up early, then added a late second-half goal for the hat trick.
- Deer Park cruised to a 7-0 home win against Colville in the opener for both teams. Riley Martinson shined for the Stags, scoring twice and assisting on two more goals. Rowenna Nelson made six saves in the shutout.
- Brynn Van Orden scored twice as visiting Freeman defeated Medical Lake 2-1 in both teams’ first game. Van Orden clinched the game for the Scotties in the 79th minute with her second goal. Makayla Geiger scored for the Cardinals in the 52nd minute.
Nonleague: Allie Baribault recorded a hat trick for Mt. Spokane (1-2) as it defeated visiting West Valley (0-1) 4-3. Chelsea Koker had a goal and two assists for West Valley.
- Kaylee Martinez’s tying goal in the ninth minute helped Othello tie visiting Clarkston 1-1. Makinzie Packwood scored in the second minute for Clarkston (0-0-1). Jenelle Garza had 17 saves for Othello.
Idaho boys soccer
Wyatt Milsap scored in the 75th minute and visiting Post Falls earned a 2-2 tie with Coeur d’Alene in a 5A Inland Empire League matchup. Coeur d’Alene (2-0-2) got first-half goals from Gabe Nazemi and Austin Garitone. Diego Esquivel converted a penalty kick for Post Falls (1-1-3) in the 53rd minute.
- Sandpoint scored three second-half goals to knock off visiting Lakeland (0-5-1) 3-1. Christian Dressel and Dawson Mulder scored for the Bulldogs (3-2-1).
Led by Kaitlyn Matya’s ten digs and Maggie Fairbank’s five kills, Deer Park (1-0) swept visiting Colville (0-1) 25-13, 25-20, 25-22 in the opener for both teams in Northeast A League play. Gracie Schauls had two blocks and five kills for Colville.
Nonleague: Liberty (1-0) won its first match of the season, topping visiting St. John-Endicott (1-3) 25-18, 22-25, 25-20 and 25-22 in a nonleague match. Abby Karlis had four aces and 36 assists for the Lancers.
- Miahna Waters had 17 kills and 10 digs to help visiting Mt. Spokane sweep University 25-22, 25-14, 25-21 in the opener for both teams. Rachel Schlect added six kills, two aces and eight digs.
- Host Mead swept Lewis and Clark 25-9, 25-11, 25-6 in the first match for both teams. Katherine McEuen had four kills and Jordan Shoff recorded four aces for the Panthers.
- Jenna Schuh had 23 assists with four aces for Rogers in its four-set victory over visiting North Central in the season opener for both teams. Lana Yuryee contributed 18 digs for the Pirates in the win.
Idaho: Hailey Bristol had six kills for Clark Fork (1-0) as it defeated visiting Mullan (0-1) 25-20, 25-12, 25-22 in a North Star League match. Brooke Stevens tallied 19 assists and Emily Garman recorded 18 digs for Clark Fork.
Subscribe to the sports newsletter
Get the day’s top sports headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox by subscribing here.