Arrow-right Camera

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Saturday, April 4, 2020  Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Partly Cloudy Day 50° Partly Cloudy
News >  Crime/Public Safety

Man injured by jumping from second floor of burning home in good condition

UPDATED: Thu., July 20, 2017

By Abby Lynes The Spokesman-Review

A man who was injured after jumping out of a burning home late Tuesday night was released the same night and is in good condition, Spokane Fire Chief Brian Shaeffer said.

Firefighters responded to a fire at 1714 N Post St. at about 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday. The fire started in the home’s kitchen and spread to other parts of the house. The man, who was trapped on the second floor, jumped out of the building and was taken to a local hospital, where he was treated and released. His roommate identified him as Paul Ellery.

Messingale was the only other roommate home at the time of the fire. She said one door to her bedroom was blocked by flames, but she was able to escape through another door.

Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter

Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.


Asking the right questions of your CBD company

Bluegrass Hemp Oil in Spokane Valley offers a variety of products that can be very effective for helping with some health conditions. (Courtesy BHO)
Sponsored

If you are like most CBD (cannabidiol) curious consumers, you’ve heard CBD can help with many ailments.