BOISE – The Ada County Coroner’s Office has officially confirmed the identity of the 84-year-old woman who died in an Idaho house fire that erupted shortly after a home invasion.
Family members identified two of the three victims earlier this week as 54-year-old Scott McAlister and his mother, Carmen Abbott.
The coroner’s office on Wednesday announced Abott died of carbon monoxide poisoning. The coroner’s office has not yet formally confirmed the name of McAlister.
Investigators believe the third person killed was the home invasion suspect, who police believe didn’t know McAlister or his mother.
The fire broke out last week after a home invasion was reported at the residence. Police shot an armed suspect who later retreated into the home. The house caught fire a short time later.
Police have maintained that they found no connection between the victims and the suspect.
Subscribe to the Morning Review newsletter
Get the day’s top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning by subscribing to our newsletter.