Historical fans may also enjoy visiting seeing the first bag of legal recreational marijuana sold in Washington, which is also on display at the city’s Museum of History and Industry.
If your travels take you to other communities or countries, check out these historical venues:
• The Hash Marihuana and Hemp Museum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands hashmuseum.com
• Oaksterdam Cannabis Museum, Oakland, Calif., oaksterdamcannabismuseum.com/
• U.S. Hemp Co Museum, Santa Cruz, Calif., ushempcomuseum.com
• The History of Cannabis (THC) Museum, Washington, D.C., thcmuseum.org
• Hemp Embassy, Vienna, Austria, hempembassy.org
• Whakamana Cannabis, Dunedin, New Zealand, www.cannabis.kiwi.nz/
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.