Arrow-right Camera
The Spokesman-Review Newspaper

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Cloudy 37° Cloudy
News >  Idaho

Students evacuated due to bathroom fire during exam week

Associated Press

BOISE – Officials at a Boise junior high school say a fire that caused an evacuation during exam week is of suspicious origin.

Boise School District spokesman Dan Hollar said the fire started at about 9:30 a.m. Friday when a paper towel dispenser caught fire in the girls’ bathroom at Hillside Junior High School in Boise.

Hollar told KTVB-TV that students were evacuated to the cafeteria and gym areas.

Hollar said the damage was minimal, and officials will review security camera footage.

There were no injuries reported.

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper

Local journalism is essential.

Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.

Active Person

Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter

Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.