Arrow-right Camera

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Monday, September 23, 2019  Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Partly Cloudy Night 57° Partly Cloudy
News >  Spokane

Wood stove blamed for Hillyard house fire

From staff reports

An improperly installed wood stove caused a house fire in Hillyard, according to the Spokane Fire Department.

The Friday morning fire in the 1600 block of East Walton Avenue did not injure anyone.

The home was evacuated and firefighters were able to extinguish the fire as it burned on the outside of the house.

Investigators were able to determine that a wood stove was to blame.

The fire department stressed that people using wood to heat homes should have them properly installed, maintained and regularly checked by licensed inspectors.

Subscribe to the Morning Review newsletter

Get the day’s top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning by subscribing to our newsletter.

You have been successfully subscribed!
There was a problem subscribing you to the newsletter. Double check your email and try again, or email webteam@spokesman.com