A north Spokane family was displaced after their home caught fire Saturday morning near Hillyard.
Just before 8 a.m., crews with the Spokane Fire Department responded to the 1100 block of E. Columbia Ave., where the home’s residents had called 911 after evacuating. The home was filled with smoke due to a fire burning in the attic.
The American Red Cross assisted three adults and their pets with temporary housing. One of the occupants suffered smoke inhalation and was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.