A woman found dead in a Perry District house fire earlier this month has been identified as the home’s owner.
Allison Davie, 69, died from smoke inhalation, the Spokane County Medical Examiner confirmed earlier this month. Davie was discovered in her home at 724 S. Ivory St. on March 8, when neighbors reported smoke coming from the top of the home.
The Spokane Fire Department has not determined a cause of the fire. It originated near the rear of the home and burned a large hole in the floor and into parts of the basement.
According to an obituary that ran in the Spokesman-Review on March 18, Davie worked as a school bus driver in the Cheney School District before moving to Spokane and working for the Spokane Transit Authority. She retired in 2011.
Davie loved the outdoors and animals, including her dog Pepper who also died in the fire.
A memorial service was held at the Heritage Funeral Chapel on Saturday.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.