Spokane Valley firefighters extinguished a small fire burning inside the Longhorn BBQ restaurant Tuesday evening.
Firefighters say at about 9:30 p.m., a Washington State Patrol trooper noticed heavy black smoke and sparks streaming from a smokestack on the Spokane Valley restaurant, 2315 N. Argonne Road, according to a news release.
Arriving crews conducted a search of the building and after finding no occupants, noticed heavier, darker smoke coming from the kitchen, says the news release. Firefighters gained access to the roof and found the source of the heat and smoke was in the chimney. The fire was extinguished and the building was aired out.
Firefighters said the structure was not damaged. The cause of the smoke and sparks is under investigation. Nine firetrucks responded.
According to the restaurant’s website, it closed at 9 p.m. Tuesday.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.