At the risk of running into himself a few-dozen times on the trick-or-treat trail, Washington State quarterback Gardner Minshew might want to stay in this Halloween. It appears the country’s leading passer has overtaken his head coach, Mike Leach, as the most popular costume in Pullman this Halloween and Cougar fans throughout the state have tried to duplicate Minshew’s look – fake mustaches, aviator shades, headbands and all.
We browsed through Twitter and picked out some of our favorite Minshew costumes. Don’t see yours on the list? Tweet a photo to @TheoLawson_SR and we’ll get you on there.
1. First Ladies first. Noel Schulz, wife of WSU president Kirk Schulz, does her best Minshew pose.
2. Minshew fever has spread throughout athletic department, too. Bravo, Cougar rowing coaches.
3. Sorry, Brayton, we think mom has you beat…
4. Extra credit for the sharpied in soul patch and American flag shades.
5. That’s a Ryan Leaf jersey, sir. But hey, we’ll count it.
6. There’s plenty of Minshew lookalikes in the QB’s home state of Mississippi today, as well.
7. Certainly a brave move to pull off the Minshew look in Huskyland, but more power to you.
8. Adorable, right?
9. Because three staches are better than one.
10. The only day of the year when it’s acceptable for grown men to dress up as college students.
11. Bonus points for anyone growing their Minshew mustache naturally.
12. This is Minshew’s actual doppelgänger.
13. The WSU quarterback has a fan or two at Jefferson Elementary in Pullman.
14. One finger for one Cougar loss this season.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Cougs newsletter
Get the latest Cougs headlines delivered to your inbox as they happen.