Kennedy Warren had a season-high 11 blocks Saturday to power Idaho to a 3-1 win over the host Titans to complete the Fullerton (California) Classic volleyball tournament.
Reece Carman, who hit .300, and Sarah Sharp added 15 kills for the Vandals, who were 1-2 at the tourney and finished nonconference play 6-5.
Madeline Schneider had 12 kills for the Titans (6-6).
The Vandals begin Big Sky Conference play at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Eastern Washington.
- Washington State’s undefeated season came to an end as East Tennessee State held off the Cougars 25-23, 17-25, 25-22, 18-25, 15-13 at the Western Kentucky Tournament in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Leah Clayton had a match-high 25 kills for the Buccaneers (11-3). Ashley Brown had a career-high 47 assists and McKenna Woodford a season-best 17 kills for the Cougars (9-1). WSU will open Pac-12 Conference play at 8 p.m. Thursday at Washington.
- Host Incarnate Word rallied to defeat Eastern Washington 3-1 on the final day of the Cardinal Classic in San Antonio. Bethany Clapp’s match-best 18 kills led the Cardinals (1-8), who dropped the first set 30-28. Catelyn Linke and Alexandra Espinosa had 11 kills apiece for the Eagles (8-4), who were 1-1 at the tournament. Linke added 18 digs.
- Jessica Schmautz and Lauren Budde combined for 21 kills to guide host Whitworth (8-3, 2-0 Northwest Conference) to a 3-0 sweep over Lewis & Clark (7-2, 0-2). Erin White added 34 assists and Addy Woolery had 12 digs for the Pirates. Schmautz and Laina Damon also had 11 digs.
- Community Colleges of Spokane (20-0) completed a 7-0 showing in the Bellevue crossover to defeating the host Bulldogs in back-to-back matches. Alisha Straw led the Sasquatch with a combined 19 kills in the two matches. Lindsey Russell added 42 assists.
- North Idaho (13-6) finished 3-0 on the final day of the Lower Columbia crossover in Longview, Washington.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the sports newsletter
Get the day’s top sports headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox by subscribing here.