A woman died in a house fire near Soap Lake early Thursday.
A resident of the house, Samuel E. Engelhardt, was outside the house, at 4777 Road 19 NE, chopping wood at 12:20 a.m. when he noticed the double-wide home was ablaze, according to a news release from Grant County Sheriff’s Office.
Engelhardt’s said his friend, the woman who died in the fire, was asleep on the couch, the news release stated.
The identity of the woman was not released.
Subscribe to the Morning Review newsletter
Get the day’s top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning by subscribing to our newsletter.