LAS VEGAS – Kevin Knox scored 25 points and RJ Barrett added 21 as the New York Knicks routed the Los Angeles Lakers 117-96 in NBA Summer League action on Wednesday at Thomas and Mack Center.
Former Gonzaga guard Zach Norvell Jr. paced the Lakers with 20 points in 22 minutes. Starting his third game in Vegas, Norvell finished 6-of-12 from the floor and connected on 4-of-7 3-pointers.
Norvell has averaged 13.3 points in the three games he’s played, while shooting 36.3% (12-33) from the field and 40.1% (9-22) from deep.
He did not play in the Lakers’ loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on July 6.
Codi Miller-McIntyre added 15 points for Los Angeles (0-4).
Barrett, the No. 2 overall pick in last month’s NBA draft out of Duke, added 10 rebounds and 3 assists. The Knicks (1-3) shot 52% from the field and 46.4% from 3-point range.
Pistons stay perfect behind Brown’s triple-double
Bruce Brown had a triple double and the Detroit Pistons beat the Philadelphia 76ers 96-81 to remain unbeaten.
Brown, entering his second year with Detroit, had 11 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists as the Pistons improved to 4-0. The 22-year-old point guard played in 74 games last season for Detroit, averaging 4.3 points, 1.2 assists and 19.6 minutes per game.
Matt Costello added 18 points and seven rebounds for the Pistons.
• Braian Angola-Rodas (NIC), Orlando: 27 minutes, 3 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists in 93-85 loss to Brooklyn.
• Perrion Callandret (UI), Chicago: 7 minutes, 5 rebounds, 2 points, 1 assist in 75-72 win over Charlotte.
• Robert Franks (WSU), Charlotte: Did not play in loss to Chicago.
• Jeff Ledbetter (UI), San Antonio: 12 minutes, 2 assists, 1 rebound in 79-78 loss to Phoenix.
• Josh Perkins (GU), Charlotte: 11 minutes, 3 points, 1 rebound, 1 steal in loss to Chicago.
Subscribe to the sports newsletter
Get the day’s top sports headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox by subscribing here.