Quick hits from Spokane’s culinary scene:
· The Riverfront Eats Food Truck Series kicked off Tuesday with Mixed Plate, Tacos Camargo, Daily Bread, Skewers, Crate and Kona Ice. Area food trucks park on Howard Street Bridge next to Looff Carrousel from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesdays through the end of August. If weather permits, the food truck series can continue into September.
· Tiffany Cable’s bakery, Blissful Whisk, opened for business May 25 at 1612 N. Barker Road near Mission in Spokane Valley. The local mom put herself through culinary school at Spokane Community College to open her bakery after her kids left for college.
· Honey Pig BBQ, 713 W. Garland, is now open for business. Chef and co-owner Tony Ferrante of Ferante’s Marketplace said that Honey Pig will specialize in slow-smoked beef brisket. Honey Pig is in the former space of Celebrations Sweet Boutique in the Garland District.
· Nectar Wine and Beer, 1331 W. Summit Parkway, in Kendall Yards is offering three weekends of brunch with a view June 22-23, July 27-28 and Aug. 24-25. The brunch buffet ($14.95) also includes a mimosa bar, with each cocktail $5 (regularly $8). Tickets must be purchased in advance at Eventbrite.
· Familiar with Poppy at Perry Street Market or the top of Doomsday Hill? Now enjoy them beyond various events. Poppy Unique Frozen Treats opened a brick-and-mortar location at 1921 W. Northwest Blvd. on Saturday.
· Twiggs Bistro & Martini Bar is offering menu specials at its four locations through June 11.
· Sushi House Asian Food & Bar, 7905 E. Trent Ave., in Spokane Valley is now offering sushi happy hour from 2-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays.
· One Tree Cider House, 111 S. Madison St., launched its first Sunday of the month waffle brunch June 2. The special brunch is 10 a.m.-2 p.m., and Sunday’s three offerings were chicken and waffles, kiwi strawberry and blueberry. The waffles were sold out by 1 p.m.
Email restaurant news to Food Editor Don Chareunsy: email@example.com.
Subscribe to the Spokane7 email newsletter
Get the day’s top entertainment headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.