Arrow-right Camera

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Sunday, September 22, 2019  Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Partly Cloudy Day 74° Partly Cloudy
News >  Crime/Public Safety

Kitchen fire in apartment near Spokane Falls Community College leaves five displaced

UPDATED: Mon., May 6, 2019, 9:12 a.m.

Five people were displaced from their apartment Sunday after a fire broke out in an apartment near Spokane Falls Community College.

Spokane firefighters were called to the unit of the three-story apartment complex at 1935 N. Holy Names Court at about 5 p.m., where they found a fire burning in the kitchen, the fire department said in a news release.

A single occupant had apparently tried to use a fire extinguisher to put out a fire on a stove top. Firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire.

The American Red Cross was on scene to assist two adults and three children with temporary shelter.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation.

Subscribe to the Morning Review newsletter

Get the day’s top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning by subscribing to our newsletter.

You have been successfully subscribed!
There was a problem subscribing you to the newsletter. Double check your email and try again, or email webteam@spokesman.com