Arrow-right Camera

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Wednesday, April 8, 2020  Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Clear Day 44° Clear
News >  Spokane

Spokane Valley apartment fire injures two, kills a dog on Saturday night

A Spokane Valley apartment complex fire caused injuries and led to the death of a dog Saturday night, according to the Spokane Valley Fire Department.

Firefighters arrived at the Farr Court apartments, 210 S. Farr Road, at 7:15 p.m. Saturday to find a blaze engulfing three floors on the west side of the complex, according to a news release. A ladder unit opened a hole in the roof of the building, and the fire was extinguished in about 40 minutes.

Six units were damaged in the fire, according to the news release. The Red Cross assisted displaced residents in finding shelter. Two residents were treated for smoke inhalation on scene, and a dog was reported to have died in the fire.

An initial investigation showed that the fire “originated on the third floor balcony, and burning material dropped onto the second floor balcony, where it spread rapidly to all three floors,” according to the news release. The Spokane Valley Fire Department reminds residents to properly dispose of smoking materials.

Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter

Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.


Asking the right questions of your CBD company

Bluegrass Hemp Oil in Spokane Valley offers a variety of products that can be very effective for helping with some health conditions. (Courtesy BHO)
Sponsored

If you are like most CBD (cannabidiol) curious consumers, you’ve heard CBD can help with many ailments.