Arrow-right Camera

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Saturday, May 23, 2020  Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Partly Cloudy Night 48° Partly Cloudy
News >  Crime/Public Safety

Woman hospitalized, dog dead after RV fire in Spokane Valley

A woman was hospitalized with minor burns and a dog died after an RV caught fire in Spokane Valley on Friday.

The fire, which occurred at about 8 a.m., started when a resident attempted to light a cigarette, igniting the propane gas leaking from a hose attached to a nearby tank, according to the Spokane Valley Fire Department.

The RV was parked near the 4200 block of North Best Road near Trent Ave, where it was being used as a residence.

In addition to the woman, two men were inside.

Two people exited through a fire escape window, while the third person broke a different window to escape. The dog, a Great Dane, did not survive.

The initial investigation into the fire was conducted by investigator Dustin Thurman.

Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter

Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.


Asking the right questions of your CBD company

Bluegrass Hemp Oil in Spokane Valley offers a variety of products that can be very effective for helping with some health conditions. (Courtesy BHO)
Sponsored

If you are like most CBD (cannabidiol) curious consumers, you’ve heard CBD can help with many ailments.