A Spokane firefighter received a minor injury while fighting a fire on the South Hill early Saturday morning.
A man reported finding a fire in the ceiling of his bathroom after returning to his South Hill home around 1:15 a.m. SFD companies arrived within five minutes and found smoke showing from the eaves of the home. The resident and his dog were already out of the house when firefighters arrived.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames within minutes and limited the damage to an estimated $25,000.
The nature of the fire was determined to be accidental and the cause of the fire was electrical. The injured firefighter was treated and released from Sacred Heart Medical Center.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.