Spokane Valley firefighters extinguished a blaze that damaged the roof of a gas station on Barker Road early Sunday.
Firefighters discovered flames coming from a burn barrel behind the building at 1220 N. Barker Road just after 5:30 a.m. Sunday, according to a news release. A caller reported the fire had spread to the walls and back roof of the building, the fire department said.
The fire was extinguished after a portion of the roof collapsed. No firefighters were injured fighting the fire, and an employee of the gas station safely exited the building, according to the news release.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.