Matt Legard saved two of his guitars, including one signed by Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins, and his cat named Hannah from a house fire Monday night.
The fire, on the corner of North Napa Street and East Sharp Avenue, was not related to other disturbances following the Gonzaga University basketball team’s loss in the national championship earlier in the evening.
Legard, who rents the house along with five others, said he believed the fire was started by an electrical problem.
At least five firetrucks were on scene quickly and ladders were extended to upstairs windows. No one was hurt.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.