Arrow-right Camera
The Spokesman-Review Newspaper

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Clear Night 64° Clear
News >  Crime/Public Safety

Spokane Valley electrical fire displaces family Sunday morning

UPDATED: Sun., March 20, 2022

Three residents and their dog safely escaped a burning electrical fire in Spokane Valley on Sunday morning.

A resident called 911 to report popping and snapping sounds in the wall of a single-wide trailer in the 6600 block of East Eighth Avenue, according to a news release. Firefighters found flames in the back of the home near the electrical panel, which was shut off. The fire was extinguished quickly, according to a news release.

The home has been deemed uninhabitable, and the Red Cross is assisting residents in finding shelter, according to the Spokane Valley Fire Department. Crews closed Eighth Avenue for several hours Sunday morning.

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper

Local journalism is essential.

Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.

Active Person

Subscribe now to get breaking news alerts in your email inbox

Get breaking news delivered to your inbox as it happens.