Arrow-right Camera
The Spokesman-Review Newspaper

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Partly Cloudy Day 69° Partly Cloudy
News >  Crime/Public Safety

Fire at north Spokane home caused by pellets from stove

UPDATED: Fri., May 27, 2022

A fire at a north Spokane home Thursday was caused by pellets from a stove, officials said.

Firefighters responded to a home on the 6900 block of North Douglass Street at about 2 a.m. Thursday after reports that the house was on fire.

Crews found fire had consumed the deck and was moving into the home. Firefighters were able to knock down the flames within minutes.

The cause of the fire was pellets from a stove that had been left unattended on the home’s porch, said Brian Schaeffer, Spokane fire chief.

The fire was the first of four reported between 2 and 7 a.m. Thursday.

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper

Local journalism is essential.

Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.

Active Person

Subscribe now to get breaking news alerts in your email inbox

Get breaking news delivered to your inbox as it happens.