From staff reports
Students at Lewis and Clark High School were evacuated Wednesday morning after fire alarms went off from an electrical issue, according to information from Spokane Public Schools.
Smoke alarms were activated about 8 a.m. The fire department allowed students to return to the gym and commons area around 8:45 a.m., and classes resumed about 9:20 a.m., the school district said.
Smoke came from a result of “an electrical issue that could have been caused by an overheated motor,” according the school district.
No one was injured.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe now to get breaking news alerts in your email inbox
Get breaking news delivered to your inbox as it happens.