Arrow-right Camera
The Spokesman-Review Newspaper
Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883

Spokane firefighters give Narcan to dog after reported fentanyl exposure

Spokane firefighters administered Narcan to a Chihuahua that reportedly ingested foil containing fentanyl this week.

A Spokane Fire Department Facebook post said a couple reported their dog was exposed to the drug during their evening stroll and became lethargic. The couple took the dog to Spokane Fire Station 4 on the edge of downtown where firefighters administered Narcan through the dog’s nose.

The dog immediately started to recover, the post said.