Tag search results
Tags let us describe our content with keywords, making it easier to find what you're most interested in. Use the search box to look for tags, or explore our coverage with the lists below.
After their kitchen caught fire Saturday afternoon, a couple escaped their Spokane Valley home and called 911. Spokane Valley firefighters were able to prevent the home from being a total loss.
The Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to two large fires the week of Dec. 7-13, including one in which the resident died.
On the fateful day of the Babb Road Fire that decimated Malden and Pine City, volunteer firefighter Dan Harwood had to make a choice.
A Spokane police officer was leaving the Public Safety Building Monday night discovered a car on fire in the parking lot with a man attempting to jump into the burning vehicle.
A woman was rescued Monday night after driving her car into Hayden Lake, the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office said.
The elderly resident of a trailer home died after it caught fire in Spokane Valley early Thursday morning.
A slow-moving Spokane Valley Fire Department engine was involved in a collision with a pedestrian the morning of Nov. 30, but the pedestrian had only a minor injury.
Two children jumped from a third-floor window of a South Hill apartment building to escape a fire Tuesday morning after the family’s Christmas Tree burst into flames, according to their dad.
The effort to rebuild Malden and Pine City began at the lone, surviving picnic table.
After a fire broke out Wednesday evening at Inland Empire Paper Co., firefighters were quickly able to contain the flames.
When most people think about fires put out by the fire department, house, apartment or wildland fires come to mind. But crews with the Spokane Valley Fire Department are regularly called on to put out vehicle fires.
After much of their communities burned to the ground in September, the residents of Malden and Pine City didn’t have a typical list of holiday wishes – they had needs.
With the arrival of cooler weather and the lifting of the burn ban, more residents are taking the opportunities to have backyard fires.
A man and a woman were rushed to the hospital late Saturday evening after receiving burns in a fire that started in a basement in the West Central neighborhood.
Children pushed carts up and down the aisles of the General Store Saturday, tossing toys into their baskets and plotting what to get next with their friends.
Sometimes it is the small, forgotten things that can cause a fire.
An accidental flash fire surrounded a man in his garage Tuesday morning, injuring two people.
A natural gas fire so hot it melted rock erupted in an explosion below the Holiday Inn on Division Street Monday evening as flames got within feet of the building.
A woman was injured early Tuesday after her car crashed through a guardrail at East Dishman-Mica Road and South Madison Road.
Spokane Valley Fire Department crews respond to fires all the time, but sometimes where there’s smoke, there isn’t fire.