Tag search results
Tags let us describe our content with keywords, making it easier to find what you're most interested in. Use the search box to look for tags, or explore our coverage with the lists below.
Spokane firefighters are working to put out a two-alarm blaze at a north Spokane apartment complex.
At least two people died and dozens, including three firefighters, were injured after an explosion and large fire at an apartment complex in a Maryland suburb of Washington and searchers are looking for up to seven people who were still unaccounted for, authorities said Thursday.
Fire officials in Centralia say a resident sparked a small fire in an apartment while trying to kill cockroaches with a homemade flamethrower.
Renters in the Spokane area are seeing big demand for available apartments and houses.
The American Red Cross is assisting the residents of about 10 apartment units who were displaced by a fire Sunday evening in Airway Heights. Crews were called to an apartment building at 1522 S. Lawson Street about 7:20 p.m. Sunday. When Airway Heights firefighters arrived, flames were visible from three apartment units, said Airway Heights Fire Chief Mitch Metzger.
Tenants at a Salt Lake City apartment complex are not giving “likes” to a Facebook-centric condition to their lease.
Hundreds of people gathered in a North Spokane church Wednesday evening to vent their frustration with the increased traffic associated with a proposed new apartment complex on Indian Trail Road.
A 2-alarm fire destroyed several apartments in North Spokane Friday afternoon, leaving more than a dozen people without a place to stay.
A smoke detector likely helped keep an apartment complex fire from spreading when it woke a neighboring resident in the early morning hours of April 13.
An early morning Spokane Valley apartment fire was extinguished with no injuries, thanks to a working smoke detector that quickly alerted residents.
A man charged in an apartment fire that killed three people, including his son, says he was drinking and smoking near his oxygen tank when it caught fire.
Most the residents in a north Spokane apartment building displaced by fire Wednesday night have been allowed back. The fire was reported just before 7 p.m. at 727 E. Glass Avenue.
A vacant lot within walking distance of Gonzaga University soon will be the site of a four-story retail and apartment building geared toward graduate students and young professionals. The 88,000-square-foot Matilda Building, 1002 N. Hamilton St., will feature three floors of upscale apartments above one floor of retail spaces. Developer Kent Hull said one business, an unnamed but “pretty well-known” coffee shop, intends to sign a lease for 5,000 square feet.
COLVILLE – A fire that consumed an apartment building killed two children early Friday. Neighbors reported hearing a blast followed by a series of smaller explosions at the apartment, 471 N. Cedar St. in Colville, shortly after 1:30 a.m. Portions of the wooden, two-story building already were engulfed in flames when Colville firefighters arrived, authorities said.
Fire burned the top floor of a three-story apartment building near Gonzaga University, sending thick clouds of smoke into the neighborhood Thursday afternoon as temperatures reached 100 degrees. Jessica Schilling, who lives in one of the upper apartments on the third floor, said she didn’t know about the fire until someone banged on her door. She said she didn’t think, she just ran.
POST FALLS, Idaho – Authorities said an exploding cell phone battery started a fire at a Post Falls senior living apartment Saturday. Officials said it happened at an apartment on E 19th Avenue near Keystone Court around 8:00 p.m. A woman told Post Falls Police she was trying to replace the sim card on her cell phone.
The suspect in Saturday's homicide at a Pullman apartment told a dispatcher his father had attacked him with a knife.
The cause of a two-alarm apartment fire in Spokane Valley last month appears to have been caused by a recessed light in the ceiling of an apartment, said Spokane Valley Fire Department Assistant Fire Marshal Bill Clifford. Insulation had built up around the light and it couldn’t vent like it was designed to do, said Clifford.
A two-alarm apartment fire in Spokane Valley sent one man to the hospital with minor burns Wednesday afternoon. The Spokane Valley Fire Department was alerted to the fire at 12623 E. Broadway Ave. at 1:39 p.m. Wednesday after the resident of a third-floor apartment awoke to find flames on his balcony.