Tag search results
Tags let us describe our content with keywords, making it easier to find what you're most interested in. Use the search box to look for tags, or explore our coverage with the lists below.
The cause of a four-alarm blaze at a South Hill apartment complex was likely “electrical in nature” and accidental, authorities said Wednesday.
It was lights out for a squirrel as well as for several residents after an unfortunate incident near 32nd Avenue and University Road at 6 a.m. Tuesday. The squirrel apparently was scampering across an electrical line when it stepped in the wrong spot, said Spokane Valley Fire Department Fire Marshal Kevin Miller. “He became the fuse,” Miller said.
Fire heavily damaged a Spokane Valley apartment building Saturday morning, but all residents escaped injury.
One person was severely burned in a downtown apartment fire Saturday, Spokane Fire Department officials say.
Eight people were displaced Monday night when their northwest Spokane apartment building caught fire.
A fire in a north Spokane apartment left 15 people in need of a place to spend the night.
Spokane Valley Fire Department crews kept busy the week of June 14-20 with a major fire in an apartment complex, several smaller fires and a trench rescue. An apartment in the Big Trout Lodge complex in Liberty Lake was heavily damaged in a fire on June 14. Fire crews on their way to another call at 5:30 a.m. spotted a column of smoke coming from the complex and diverted to the apartments while they called for additional help. The complex was evacuated while firefighters worked.
A SWAT team found the shooting suspect asleep in a back bedroom of his Coeur d'Alene apartment this afternoon following a long standoff there. Officers broke into the apartment, according to Sgt. Christie Wood. “He slept through a fairly large bang when (the police) broke in,” Wood said. The man's name will be released soon. Residents are being allowed to return to their apartments.
Four residents were treated for smoke inhalation after an “aggressive, violent fire” destroyed a Hillyard apartment building Tuesday night and early Wednesday. “It was a really dangerous situation,” said Brian Schaeffer, assistant chief of the Spokane Fire Department.
A Spokane Valley firefighter was injured last week as crews worked to put out a mobile home fire in the 24800 block of East Trent Avenue on March 29, but the injury was not serious. “A knife stabbed a firefighter in the knee,” said Assistant Fire Marshal Bill Clifford. “He was crawling across the floor. It went through his turnout gear and into his knee. He needed stitches.”
As many as 18 residents were burned out of their apartments Thursday morning in a fire on Spokane’s lower South Hill. The 5:18 a.m. fire started in an entryway in the basement level that did not have a door.
An overnight three-alarm fire in Post Falls burned through several apartments, displacing residents from those units.
At least 90 people have been burned out of their homes and apartments this month in what’s become a bad August for residential fires in Spokane. Residents of a three-story apartment complex at 2807 E. Boone Ave. escaped unharmed Wednesday when fire broke out in the ceiling above a third-floor unit and spread across the attic just after noon. At least three residents were burned out of their homes.
Residents of a three-story apartment complex escaped unharmed today when fire broke out in the ceiling above a third-floor unit and spread across the attic.
A smoldering cigarette is being blamed on a fire that damaged an apartment house in Pullman on Sunday.
Quinton Baker was asleep in his bottom-floor apartment early Wednesday when he heard pounding. It was his upstairs neighbor, frantically trying to alert him to a blaze that was threatening to engulf the building. “By the time I turned around there were flames coming in the sliding door,” Baker said. He doesn’t believe he would have made it out in time were it not for his neighbor, Michael Gonzalez, 33.
A three-alarm fire in North Spokane destroyed 23 units in an apartment building. Twenty-two units were occupied, and all residents escaped unharmed, fire officials said.