Firefighters responding to a call of unconscious people in a house Monday afternoon instead found evidence of an illicit drug operation.
Tag search results
Tags let us describe our content with keywords, making it easier to find what you're most interested in. Use the search box to look for tags, or explore our coverage with the lists below.
A surge in the production of concentrated marijuana extract is thought to have caused at least three dangerous fires in Spokane County and has local, state and federal officials paying attention. Investigators say a blaze that sent 30 firefighters to an apartment complex in north Spokane last month was likely caused by someone inside using butane in a process to leach the psychoactive element from marijuana. A similar process caused an explosion in a car traveling through the Garland neighborhood in August, burning a 3-year-old’s hands, face and legs and prompting assault and drug charges against 27-year-old Jacob Sayman.
Three men were airlifted from Moses Lake to Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center with severe burns after igniting a flash fire in a small garden shed Monday night. They were reportedly using butane in an attempt to extract the psychoactive resin from marijuana, according to a news release from the Grant County Sheriff’s Office and the Grant County Emergency Management Department. That process can be used to make hash oil.
Three men were airlifted from Moses Lake to Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center with severe burns after igniting a flash fire in a small garden shed Monday night. They were reportedly trying to extract resin from marijuana with butane, according to a law enforcement press release.