Arrow-right Camera

The Spokesman-Review Newspaper The Spokesman-Review

Monday, December 16, 2019  Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883
Partly Cloudy Night 27° Partly Cloudy

Tags


Stories tagged: fire


Burn ban expands in Spokane Valley

A day after Spokane County banned outdoor burning, the same restrictions have been adopted by Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake and Millwood.


Thunderstorms sparking fires throughout region

Thunderstorms north of Spokane County sparked 34 fires Saturday and more may be on the horizon as the chance of storms continues Sunday.


Burn victim in Seattle hospital

A Coeur d’Alene man burned Friday when a propane tank in his car exploded has been transferred to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.


Driver lights cigarette near propane tank, torches car

A Coeur d’Alene man was hospitalized Friday after igniting a car fire in a motel parking lot.


Burning restrictions begin in northeastern counties

The Washington Department of Natural Resources today announced burning restrictions on DNR-protected lands in Spokane, Stevens, Ferry, Lincoln and Okanogan counties.


Fire damages Spokane Valley law office

Fire damaged a law office on North Pines Road early today, but Spokane Valley firefighters were able to stop it from becoming a larger loss.


Blaze at residential hotel damages 10 rooms

Residents of about 25 rooms of an Airway Heights residential hotel were relocated to other rooms after a fire broke out early Thursday morning.


Officials: Neon lights cause Spokane Valley Mall fire

A Spokane Valley Mall fire that burned part of the building’s exterior was caused by the failure of neon lighting on the outside of the structure near the theaters, fire …


Fire razes property

A 4-year-old playing with a lighter probably started a fire Friday morning that seriously injured his mother and destroyed their east Spokane home, a fire official said. The woman, Tawnia …


Fire season heats up fast

After 20 years in business, Patricia Bradley stood devastated outside her building on East Francis Avenue on Wednesday night as flames reduced it to a shell. But it wasn’t the …


Afternoon, evening blazes keep crews hopping

After 20 years in business, Patricia Bradley stood devastated outside her building on East Francis Avenue Wednesday night as flames reduced it to a shell. But it wasn’t the $450,000 …


Conditions ripe for wildfires

OLYMPIA – With the hottest, driest months yet to come, many parts of the state already are primed for the busiest fire season in years, state officials say. “I’d say …


CdA officials warn of fire danger after small blaze

Officials are warning of increased fire danger this year after illegal fireworks sparked a small grass fire in Coeur d’Alene that threatened a boat trailer. Firefighters and neighbors contained the …


Gaming device blamed for South Side fire

An electrical short in a gaming device is being blamed for a basement fire that caused an estimated $60,000 in damages to a South Side home.


Valley blazes damage business, house

Two separate blazes destroyed part of a sheet metal business and damaged a home in Spokane Valley early today.


Blaze damages home in West Central

A suspicious fire displaced two residents of a West Central Spokane home Sunday. The neighborhood, which is northwest of downtown, has been plagued with arsons the past few years.


Fire damages West Central home

A suspicious fire displaced two residents of a West Central Spokane home on Sunday. The neighborhood, which is north and west of downtown, has been plagued with arsons the last …


Cigarette caused apartment fire, officials say

A discarded cigarette caused the fire that ripped through a South Hill apartment complex last week and left 29 homeless, the Spokane Fire Department said today.


Blaze ousts residents, diverts traffic

Fire ripped through the upstairs of a South Hill apartment complex Wednesday, leaving nearly 30 people homeless. A firewall in the 10-unit building of the Regal Ridge apartments, 5111 S. …


South Hill apartment blaze displaces 29

Fire ripped through the upstairs of a South Hill apartment complex Wednesday, leaving nearly 30 people homeless.


Firefighters respond to South Hill market

Emergency crews quickly contained a fire at the South Hill Rocket Market, 726 E 43rd Ave, on Saturday. A fire official on scene said the blaze started in a small …


Valley couple lose five dogs in house fire

Herb and Jean Davenport watched decades of memories go up in smoke after a fire this morning destroyed the Spokane Valley home where they had lived for 34 years.


Woman dies in house fire

A woman has died in a Otis Orchards house fire this afternoon.


Fire razes Waitts Lake-area home

A Stevens County couple escaped without injuries when a fire early Saturday destroyed the home they were renting near Waitts Lake. Just before 5 a.m. Saturday Lois Culp and Jason …


Clothes near heater cause blaze

Spokane fire investigators determined clothing too close to a heater caused a blaze that ignited in a three-story apartment building that displaced 26 residents late Saturday.


Fire crews douse blaze at abandoned building

Spokane County firefighters are at the scene of an abandoned commercial building near Geiger Boulevard and Lewis Street where fire ignited earlier this morning, according to dispatchers.


Smoke alarms alert fire victims

Smoke detectors may have saved the lives of two couples this morning in separate house fires.


Fire displaces family of five

A family of five is being assisted by the American Red Cross after a blaze likely sparked by an electrical problem damaged their north Spokane home.


House burns a second time

A South Spokane County house fire burned for the second time in a week Wednesday.


Torch may have sparked blaze at warehouse

A cutting torch being used to rebuild a collapsed awning may have sparked the three-alarm fire Tuesday at a cold storage business that took 14 of the city’s 17 fire …