Stories tagged: smoke detectors
Thu., July 25, 2019
The Spokane Valley Fire Department is encouraging residents to install carbon monoxide detectors in their homes.
UPDATED: Tue., Aug. 29, 2017
A dog died in a house fire in Spokane Valley early Tuesday morning.
Tue., Jan. 3, 2017
Firefighters are investigating a blaze that badly damaged a home in north Spokane early Tuesday.
Sun., Oct. 13, 2013
SAN FRANCISCO – Smoke detectors frequently produce more headaches than useful warnings. The devices have an irritating habit of shrieking when there’s no cause for alarm, and always seem to …
Tue., May 25, 2010
Two older residents smelled smoke this morning in their single-wide mobile home at the Flamingo Trailer Court in Spokane Valley and fled for safety before fire destroyed their home.
Mon., Oct. 26, 2009
The state fire marshal’s office reminds Washington residents that the end of Daylight Savings Time on Sunday is a good time to remember to change smoke alarm batteries.
Fri., March 6, 2009
Once again the old calendar on the wall says it’s time to change the clock, trading an hour’s sleep for more evening sunshine.