Stories tagged: spokane valley fire department
UPDATED: Wed., July 26, 2017
A Spokane Valley man was severely burned Tuesday evening while attempting fill a generator with gasoline.
UPDATED: Thu., June 29, 2017
An illegal outdoor trash fire spread to a home and burned it down in Spokane Valley earlier this month.
UPDATED: Thu., June 15, 2017
Spokane Valley firefighters worked to extinguish a house fire early Thursday morning that had flames visible from more than a half-mile away.
UPDATED: Wed., June 14, 2017
Two dogs died in a mobile home fire Wednesday evening despite the efforts of neighbors and crews from the Spokane Valley Fire Department.
Sat., June 10, 2017
A dog died in a Spokane Valley house fire late Friday night, but the two people inside were able to escape without injury.
Wed., June 7, 2017
A potholder was the culprit in a kitchen fire reported at 4105 N. McDonald Road on May 28.
UPDATED: Thu., June 1, 2017
A landslide took out at least one outbuilding in Spokane Valley Thursday afternoon and the basement of a nearby home is full of water, according to the Spokane Valley Fire …
UPDATED: Sat., May 27, 2017
Two people were plucked from the Spokane River Saturday in separate incidents in Spokane Valley and Post Falls.
UPDATED: Wed., May 24, 2017
Firefighters stop towering brush fire from spreading to structures at Honeywell plant in Spokane Valley
A wall of flame shut down Sullivan Road outside the Spokane Valley Honeywell plant and prompted a heavy response from the Spokane Valley Fire Department Wednesday afternoon.
Wed., May 24, 2017
Spokane Valley Fire Department crews tried unsuccessfully to save a man who was trapped headfirst in a hole when it collapsed around him and filled with dirt.
UPDATED: Mon., May 15, 2017
A man was killed early Monday morning while installing new plumbing under his Spokane Valley home. The man, whose identity has not been released, was working head first in a …
Wed., May 10, 2017
It’s not uncommon for the Spokane Valley Fire Department to respond to outdoor fires this time of year, even though burning yard debris, garbage and construction materials is illegal year-round.
UPDATED: Fri., May 5, 2017
A Spokane County sheriff’s deputy and Spokane Valley Fire Department personnel were able to revive a 2-year-old girl who fell in a backyard pond Thursday night and nearly drowned.
UPDATED: Mon., April 24, 2017
About 115 Avista Utilities customers are without power after a truck hit a power pole in Spokane Valley this morning. A man driving a Dodge Durango crashed into a power …
Sun., April 23, 2017
Kids and kids-at-heart gathered on the lawn outside the Spokane Valley Fire Department’s Greenacres Station Saturday morning, eagerly waiting for a chance to get a look at the department’s new …
UPDATED: Wed., April 19, 2017
Cars played a pivotal role in two calls the Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to last week, with one destroyed and the other unaccounted for.
UPDATED: Thu., April 13, 2017
Homeowners insurance in Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake and Millwood just got a little cheaper – the Spokane Valley Fire Department now has a Class 2 fire insurance rating from the …
Wed., April 12, 2017
A grease fire nearly ignited the Three Sisters Vietnamese and Chinese Cuisine restaurant at 10615 E. Sprague Ave. last week.
UPDATED: Fri., April 7, 2017
A driver was seriously injured early Friday in a head-on collision between a car and a Spokane Valley fire engine, the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office reported.
UPDATED: Sat., April 1, 2017
A Spokane Valley firefighter trying to get his job back since he was fired in 2012 will argue his case against the Spokane Valley Fire Department before the Washington State …
UPDATED: Sun., March 26, 2017
An electrical issue led to an attic fire and a prompt evacuation for the residents and cat of a Spokane Valley home early Sunday morning.
Wed., March 22, 2017
The efforts of an alert dog saved a Spokane Valley family recently when the animal warned them of a fire in their kitchen.
UPDATED: Mon., March 13, 2017
A young boy delivered a handwritten birthday invitation to Spokane Valley firefighters, and they didn’t let him down.
UPDATED: Fri., March 10, 2017
Two cats and a hamster died in a fire that destroyed half a duplex in Spokane Valley Friday.
UPDATED: Wed., March 8, 2017
A suspicious fire damaged a vacant house in Spokane Valley Wednesday afternoon.
UPDATED: Sun., Feb. 26, 2017
A water main ruptured early Sunday morning in Spokane Valley, leaving multiple residents without water for several hours.
UPDATED: Thu., Feb. 23, 2017
A large outbuilding burned down in Greenacres Thursday afternoon, destroying a new truck, a boat and a fifth wheel trailer in the process.
Wed., Feb. 22, 2017
A call at the Kaiser Aluminum plant in Spokane Valley early one morning last week led to hours of effort by Spokane Valley Fire Department crews to put out a …
UPDATED: Mon., Feb. 20, 2017
A Spokane Valley family safely evacuated their home early this morning after a small house fire ravaged parts of the attic.
UPDATED: Sat., Feb. 18, 2017
One person was injured in an early morning kitchen fire Saturday but two dogs were rescued from the home unharmed.