I found two more reasons why House District 4B voters shouldn't support the re-election of state Rep. Kathy Sims, R-Coeur d'Alene. The list now numbers 14. I'll put the two new reasons at the top of the list:
- She fought a $3M appropriation from the city of Coeur d'Alene to help build the Kroc Center.
- She refused to fill out a questionnaire for the Coeur d'Alene Press voter guide.
- She regularly votes against decent funding for public education.
- She voted against a mental health crisis center for Coeur d'Alene.
- She voted against suicide prevention funding.
- She voted against funding to ensure deadbeat dads pay what they owe.
- Her vote against child support enforcement funding helped force the 2015 Legislature to hold a special session.
- She opposed the purchase of the old DeArmond mill site for the education corridor.
- She was a key figure in the failed 2012 recall attempt against then mayor Sandi Bloem & 3 City Council members.
- She fought against the city of Coeur d'Alene for more than a year before paying a fine to correct a campaign finance report for an attack ad against City Council members, including revered Councilman Ron Edinger.
- She even opposed a little girl's successful desire to designate the giant salamander as Idaho's State Amphibian.
- She was endorsed by the Phil Hart wing of the local GOP (Kootenai County Republican Concerned Citizens).
- She received an A-minus grade from the IFF Freedom Index.
- Newcomer Paul Amador is a fresh face who will work with our quality Coeur d'Alene mayor and community leaders. Sims will continue to sit on the "no" button and oppose such things as urban renewal that have made Coeur d'Alene great.
Question: Did I miss anything?