Mon., Aug. 19, 2019, 5 a.m.
Cannabis in Washington
- WSU College of Medicine eyes more instruction on medical cannabis as study suggests doctors reluctant to talk about it
- Council votes to allow marijuana transporters to move to Spokane Valley
- Federal bill to decriminalize marijuana has local, national advocates enthusiastic for vote
- Local health experts warn against using marijuana while pregnant, even as research remains inconclusive
Wed., Aug. 14, 2019
UPDATED: Tue., June 25, 2019, 4:28 p.m.
Washington and other states that have legalized recreational marijuana should be careful about how they spend the tax money it generates, according to a study released Monday by The Pew Charitable Trusts.
Kung Fu Vapes, located on Market Street in the Hillyard area, works with producers, processors and retailers in 25 states.
"Like codeine and caffeine, a combination used to relieve symptoms of muscle tension headaches, CBD takes caffeine to a new level," said Mike Forest.
More than 100,000 people are expected to attend the annual "protestival" on Seattle's waterfront.
Lizzie Post, great-great-granddaughter of American etiquette expert Emily Post, brings more than manners to marijuana.
For many residents, dogs and cats are part of the family. People have more choices to protect or enhance pets’ lives. CBD pet products are on the rise. Regional fire departments routinely carry pet oxygen masks. Dog owners also can buy restraints for vehicles or booties to protect pads.
I've had many massages through the years, but never before have I achieved the state of relaxation that hovers between bliss and snoring out loud.
As legal cannabis continues to expand, prices continue to decline, further decreasing the odds for small businesses to see increased profitability, regardless of product quality.
MONARCH's state-of-the-art facility in Shelton uses an aeroponics system where the root stems of the plant are suspended in air.
The Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine is looking to incorporate some instruction on the research into the potential medicinal uses of marijuana into their curriculum for the first time this fall, as research from the College of Nursing indicates health care providers may be reluctant to discuss the drug, and retail stores are relying more on personal experience than science when consulting patients.
The name pulled me right in. It wasn't something crazy-lazy like "Sunshine Rainbow Daydream," but a name that instantly conjured thoughts of getting out there and getting things done.
If you're out of work or seeking something new, have you considered getting in to the cannabis game?
The bill, which would take marijuana off the list of controlled substances policed by the federal Drug Enforcement Agency, has reformers optimistic about an up-or-down vote on marijuana legalization in Washington D.C.
"I'm thinking of getting a Washington state medical cannabis card. Is there a difference between medical cannabis and recreational/adult-use cannabis?"
Marijuana transportation companies will be able to open offices in Spokane Valley after City Council voted Tuesday to add a new category to its marijuana regulations.
"We have everything from items from Tier 1 farms to the bigger farms, whatever customers like," said Marketing Director Martina Graves.
To date, there haven’t been significant scientific studies to back claims that cannabis has mental or physical health benefits.
Hemp fabric is antimicrobial, antibacterial, hypo-allergenic, thermo-regulating, naturally pest-resistant and UV-resistant.
Hip-hop superstar Jay-Z has been named chief brand ambassador for San Jose marijuana company Caliva.
Hip-hop performer, entrepreneur brings two shows to Northern Quest this summer.
Most read stories
- Spokane Mayor David Condon, police Chief Craig Meidl say state Rep. Matt Shea is unfit for office …
- Yogi Roth Q&A: Pac-12 Networks analyst talks WSU’s potential in 2019, assesses QB race, raves about Cougar WRs …
- Practice report from Day 17 of Washington State preseason camp: Cougars continue to gear toward game week in final open practice …
- Spokane Parks faces nearly $1 million budget shortfall in 2020 …
- Petit Chat Village Bakery in north Spokane closes its doors …