I wanted to write this letter to give a huge thank you to the Spokane Valley Fire Department for its quick response to the fire that occurred early this morning (Nov. 28) on the third floor of the building at Aspen Apartments.
Unfortunately the top two apartments were extensively damaged, and one of the second floor apartments sustained damaged. Due to the quick action of the firemen, the fire was contained and did not spread to the other third floor apartments.
Thankfully all of the tenants and their pets were able to vacate the building safely and, as far as I know, there were not any injuries.
Sometimes we take for granted our firemen and policemen and do not thank them enough for all they do. I am certainly grateful for our firemen at Spokane Valley Fire Department. They are terrific.