Arrow-right Camera
The Spokesman-Review Newspaper
Spokane, Washington  Est. May 19, 1883

Sirens & Gavels

Man targeted by gunfire twice in 5 weeks

A drive-by shooting late Saturday led Spokane police to search a Mercedes Benz and its owner's apartment on Tuesday.

No one was injured when at least eight shots were fired outside 857 E. Lyons Ave. - the same location of a drive-by shooting last month.

A search warrant filed today identifies the intended victim in both cases as 26-year-old William Alexander-Durr.

On Saturday, Alexander-Durr told police he was standing outside his girlfriend's apartment when a passenger in a silver 1999 Mercedes Benz fired eight shots.

Police think Alexander-Durr was targeted in another shooting that occurred about 1:45 a.m. on Feb. 14. A car belonging to Alexander-Durr's girlfriend was damaged in that shooting. At the time, police said it might be related to a shooting near North Nevada and East Joseph later that morning. (Read more here.)

In the most recent case, police learned the suspect vehicle was registered to Adrian A. Washington, 30. Investigators searched his apartment and the Benz on Tuesday. No arrests have been made.

Alexander-Durr was one of several men arrested last fall in connection with a stabbing in front of a downtown Spokane night club. He pleaded guilty Jan. 28 to riot and received credit for two days served in Spokane County Jail. Another defendant, Parrish J. Johnson, 24, received six months in jail after pleading guilty to riot last month.

The men are the only defendants to resolve their charges from the Oct. 28 stabbing near Club Uno, 515 W. Sprague. Trials for Rakee D. Cage, 23; John D. Proctor, 24; Rashjel G. Cage, 24; and Adam Doe, 18, are set for June.

Club bouncers helped apprehend the men after Kenneth R. Budik and Charles L. Lucious were stabbed, according to court documents. Witnesses said one of defendants said, "There's Kenny! Murder One Crips!" before the attack, according to court documents.

Budik was a victim in a shooting in 2007 that killed a reputed gang member. Although a victim, Budik ended up spending more time behind bars then the man convicted of the slaying because he didn't cooperate with police. Read about that case here.

Public safety news from the Inland Northwest and beyond.