Demand a recount: The average cost of a homemade Thanksgiving meal for 10 is $25.95, according to American Farm Bureau figures cited in Harper's magazine. Ten mice?
Speaking of the holidays, here is your chance to play YOU BE THE EDITOR. What stories would you LEAST like to see in the newspaper in the weeks to come? The candidates:
1. Dealing with holiday stress.
2. Fun new ways to cook turkey.
3. Stories about people who want the world to think they're Santa Claus because they gave some poor kid a bike.
4. Ridiculous gift ideas presented as "innovative" or "creative."
5. Divorce is an unhappy thing.
6. If you eat too much, you'll get fat.
So be sure to vote. Otherwise others will make the decision for you. And isn't that a scary thought?