Skunks are not native to Alaska. But as you know, they abide in abundance here in Spokane. Which brings us to our story, outlined below.
1. A young Spokane skunk named Thornton runs away from home and winds up in Alaska. He wants to be the only one of his kind there.
2. Thornton spends the winter with a family of sleepy bears.
3. One of the bears, a cub named Cuthbert, tells Thornton he would not mind seeing this Spokane Thornton keeps talking about. "It's warmer, right?"
4. With the help of a young raven named Polaris, they set out for Washington.
5. They have adventures along the way.
6. A cougar cub named Mauly joins them on their trek south. Now they are a foursome.
7. They arrive in Spokane and meet a shy little boy named Ethan, who is apprehensive about starting kindergarten.
8. The animals accompany Ethan to school and the little boy is instantly regarded as the coolest kid Spokane has ever seen.
9. The bear, raven and cougar return to their homes up north, but keep in touch with Thornton via social media.
10. Ethan grows up and invents software that allows humans to understand animal languages.