Law enforcement personnel crawl on their hands and knees Thursday in Lakewood, Wash., in a grid of yellow crime scene tape looking and marking possible evidence in the murder of Adre-Anna Jackson. Police confirmed Wednesday that human remains found near a school are those of the 10-year-old girl who vanished in December. (AP Photo/Russ Carmack, The News Tribune)
Breaking: An Irish judge postpones extradition for Frederick Russell again here.
1. David Horsey/Seattle PI looks at life in Seattle without the Supersonices here.
2. In the first test of Washington state’s new clean indoor air act in Spokane County, a judge has ruled against a Spokane Valley bar that was allowing patrons to smoke here.
3. Idaho has some of the youngest drivers in the nation. And those drivers, who can get a license when they turn 15, face few restrictions. Now a coalition of insurers and public safety officials is forming to talk about changing the rules regarding seat belts, nighttime driving and passengers, as other states have done here.
4. Study: People who visit Yellowstone National Park to catch a glimpse of its wolves bring $35 million to Montana, Idaho and Wyoming each year here.
5. With few residents or roads, numerous lakes and a sprawling, loosely patrolled border with Canada, Okanogan County has become prime territory for pot smuggling via float plane here.
6. IMHO-NW: Dan Popkey/Idaho Statesman (Sali: A GOP pariah), Idaho Statesman (Property tax reform delay prudent), Missoulian (For many, April 17 is tax holiday), Cady McCowin/UI Argonaut (HIV trial raise tough issues), and Seattle Times (WSU barely reaches first base).
*Online Poll: 57% of 1756 respondents to a Billings Gazette poll say illegal aliens should be deported.
*The median house price in Seattle has reached $407,000 here.
*Montana Coach Larry Krystkowiak is a finalist for the men’s basketball opening at Pepperdine here.
*Washington state will continue to use road de-icer even though it kills an endangered plant growing near U.S. 2 here.
Spokane residents will get their first glimpse next week of a “Mozart and the Whale,” a movie filmed in their own back yards here.